On Friday, April 11th
On the campus of Barnard College
Columbia Entrepreneurship, Columbia Entrepreneurship Organization, and the Columbia Organization for Rising Entrepreneurs presented a full day of panels, keynotes, and fireside chats. The day included a $50,000 business model competition
Full Details Here
Festival buzz generated on Twitter Here
New York Business Journal Article
Opening Remarks – President Bollinger
FULL VIDEO 17:16
“New Venture Landscape” Alan Patricof ’57BUS Greycroft Ventures; David Tisch co-founder TechStars NYC
FULL VIDEO 1:02:53
– Technology is your Path to Innovation
– Do I Have a Differentiated Product?
– Unlike David, I Was Never a Nerd
“Early Stage Venture Options: Some Cash Is More Equal Than Others ”
FULL VIDEO 1:00:10
– Deborah Jackson; Crowd Funding
– Will Porteous; Seed Funding
– KJ Singh; TechStars Accelerator
GroupMe, Qwiki, Hopscotch – Three Columbia Founders Tell The Tale in Conversation with Deirdre Boldon Fox Business News
FULL VIDEO 47:33
– Jared Hecht “How GroupMe Got Its Start”
– “Cofounders After The Founding”
– Doug Imbruce, founder Qwiki “How Do You Know You’re Not Kidding Yourself?”
Drew Houston in Conversation with Walt Mossberg
FULL VIDEO 1:00:09
– Drew Houston “You Were a Student at MIT”
– Drew Houston “Angel Investor, Persian Rug Dealer”
– Drew Houston “I Didn’t Look Like Your Classic CEO”
The full-day conference included, Geoffrey Canada, Walt Mossberg and Drew Houston. Alan Patricof ’57BUS and David Tisch; Shazi Visram ’99CC, ’04BUS Founder and CEO, Happy Family; Deborah Jackson ’80BUS, Founder, Plum Alley and Will D. Porteous General Partner and COO RRE Ventures.
Plus, March Madness continued with the finals of #StartupColumbia Challenge, the $50,000 business model competition. Prizes will be awarded at the end of the day.
Columbia has a long history of innovation and entrepreneurship in many corners all across campus. Now, for the first time, these centers of excellence have come together for a day-long celebration of what makes Columbia and the spirit of entrepreneurship so great: disruptive innovation and applied solutions that change the world.