Applications Open: January 15th
Applications Close: January 29th, 11:59pm
Accepted Applicant Teams Notified: February 1 by 5pm
Design Leaders Program Launch and Happy Hour: February 8, 4:10pm-5:30pm
The Design Leaders Program will start on Thursday, February 8th, from 4:10 pm to 5:30pm followed by four consecutive weekly sessions on Thursday afternoons, ending on March 7th before Spring Break. If you are on a team at least one team member must be present for each session. Do you foresee any major issues with this requirement?
Are you an entrepreneurial Columbia student?
Do you have a challenge you are passionate about solving?
Do you want to be part of an incredible cohort of change-makers?
The Design Leaders program will work with a limited number of highly motivated teams to tackle an issue they’re passionate about using human-centered design to solve. Over the course of the semester, teams will dive into each phase of the design process together and receive one-on-one coaching from the Design Team.
Throughout the semester, you will:
* Interview and research real users and stakeholders in the community you are designing for
* Identify trends – based on data – and specific pain points that could inform your project-development
* Design an innovative solution for your challenge
* Build and test at least two separate workable prototypes of a solution
* Have a coherent market, value proposition, and workable prototype by the end of the program
This program will be particularly useful for (but not limited to!) students undertaking any of the entrepreneurship challenges in their schools, as it is a deep dive into creating a venture based on user-feedback and testing.