Deadline, March 12th Midnight
Apply Now for the FY 2017
Columbia Startup Lab Cohort
What is CSL?
CSL is Columbia University’s recent-alumni co-working space located on the ground floor of WeWork Soho West, at 69 Charlton Street. It is a cross-school initiative between Columbia Entrepreneurship, Columbia Business School, School of Engineering & Applied Sciences, Columbia College, Columbia Law School, and School of International & Public Affairs. Resident ventures form a 71-person cohort of entrepreneurs from each of the partner schools. Together they comprise more than 40 startups. In its third year, the Lab has been “corporate headquarters” for more than 110 Columbia-founded ventures. To date, about 20% of the teams are hiring, raising funding, and are cash flow positive with about 10% driving annual revenue of more than $1M. The Lab has become the symbolic nexus for Columbia’s commitment to entrepreneurship.
CSL is open to recent alumni founders within five years of graduation, and their teams, from each of the partner schools listed above who are committed to working on their venture full-time. Recent-alumni who graduated in May 2012 or later are eligible to apply.
Application Process, Details and Dates
Sunday, March 12 at 11:59 PM EST: Applications Due
- Teams must select one Columbia University-affiliated founding member from the above mentioned schools to apply
- Only one application per team will be considered, regardless of the school in which the founder is affiliated
Week of March 14: Review of Applications
Weeks of March 20-31: In-person interviews
Week of April 3: Admissions decisions announced
- Admitted teams may spend up to one year in the space and are required to commit to a minimum of four months.
- The space is administered by WeWork and includes: furnishings (desk and chair), WiFi, water/coffee, cleaning/maintenance and access to common facilities across the global WeWork network.
- CSL provides ongoing workshops, office hours, networking events, and community building activities to help resident ventures advance their businesses. All CSL teams are encouraged to participate.
- Columbia University affiliated tenants are required to commit to a four-month term in the space at a rate of $250 per month/per seat. The cost per seat for non-Columbia University team members is $400 per month/per seat.
Questions? Contact Sandra Merrill at email@example.com.