Applications are accepting on a rolling basis, but the final deadline is November 1.
MuckerLab is seeking students for our fellowship program during the ‘20-’21 school year. Selected fellows will spend ~5 hours/week helping the deal flow team with sourcing and evaluating early-stage software and tech-enabled services companies. This is an opportunity for aspiring venture capitalists to gain insights into the day-to-day of being a junior VC by working close with members of the MuckerLab investment team.
MuckerLab is a different kind of accelerator. No three-month boot camps. No demo days. Just heads down company-building for one year — or however long it takes.
MuckerLab partners with just 12-15 companies each year, working one-on-one with founders on a weekly basis providing hands-on, tactical support. We believe that keeping a selective, targeted portfolio aligns better with founder needs.
Now in our 10th year, alumni companies include Honey (raised $39M and later acquired by PayPal for $4B), ServiceTitan (raised a total $400M to date), and Emailage (raised $15M and later acquired by LexisNexis for $500M). Since inception, MuckerLab portfolio companies have raised a total of over $8 billion in additional outside funding since graduating our program.
This is an equity-based accelerator program, and we look to invest between $100k-$200k with follow-on capital available over the lifespan of our investment. Additional perks include hundreds of thousands of dollars in cloud credits, services, and software discounts.
Applications for MuckerLab are being reviewed year-round, with the next set of applications due by Friday, January 22. If interested in being considered for the program, we encourage companies to apply here.
About the role:
The day-to-day of a fellow is dynamic and tailored to accommodate your busy schedule. You can expect to learn about and put into practice the following:
- Sourcing potential MuckerLab applicants
- Diligence on companies advancing through MuckerLab’s evaluation process
- Community-building activities with the local startup ecosystem
- Engaging with MuckerLab fellows at other universities
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship and venture capital. You are a leader in the entrepreneurial community on campus, have taken classes relating to launching businesses, and have a strong urge to pursue startups after graduation. You are plugged into various entrepreneurial ecosystems within your school, and you know dozens of students working on cool ideas.
- Ability to go above and beyond given tasks. Anybody can execute on tasks once given instruction. The best employees are those that can take ideas from conception to shipping with limited overwatch. We like applicants that show an ability to take instructions and produce results beyond what is expected.
- Naturally curious. You like to read and challenge your mind with different frameworks and theories. You enjoy having range, and you believe in the ability to be mutlifaceted across different dimensions. Your courseload, extracurriculars, and hobbies demonstrate natural curiosity.
- Action over ideas. ****You have the ability to turn nothing into something. You not only produce great ideas, but you have an action plan to turn those ideas into something tangible.
- How long will the program be?
- When is the application deadline?
- Fellowship applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications for the Fall 2020 Fellowship will close on November 1, 2020 at 11:59pm EST.
- Where can I find the application?
- Who should apply?
- How many MuckerLab Fellows will there be?
- What is the time commitment for this program?
- What is the compensation structure for this fellowship?