OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS
GSVC is a social entrepreneurship competition hosted by UC Berkeley, along with Georgia Tech as their Eastern Region partner. There is no entry fee, no travel, and no in-person presentation required until the finals. For the finals, our sponsors fund your travel to UC Berkeley to present your business for $80,000 in prizes.
First Round submissions are due on December 4th. Click here for more details on GSVC!
Additional details for the competition are below.
Team Entry Requirements:
- Your team must include a student, current or recent graduate, from any level of higher education (undergraduate, masters level/graduate, or doctoral) in any area of study in the world;
- No entry fee
- No limit to the number of applicants from a particular program or university
- Full Eligibility Requirements here
- Global Reach – In 2017, the GSVC received over 600 entries from prestigious schools in 65 countries
- Collaboration – Teams are encouraged to collaborate with professionals, seasoned entrepreneurs, and students from other schools
- Networking – The competition introduces early-stage social venture entrepreneurs to the investment community. Nearly 25% of past GSVC entrants are now operating companies
- Prizes – Since its inception, the GSVC has awarded more than a quarter of a million dollars to emerging social ventures
Competition Structure and Deadlines:
- Executive Summary, Concept Deck and Interviews submitted online (12/4/17, hosted by Georgia Tech)
- Semi-Finals materials submitted online (2/17/18, hosted by Georgia Tech)
- Regional Finals (3/9/18, hosted by Georgia Tech)
- Global Finals presentations (4/11/18–4/13/18, hosted in Milan)