To the Entrepreneurial and Investor Communities:
The contest centers on five Challenge Questions posted on the Sikorsky Innovations website (http://www.sikorsky.com/
Every winning team will receive one year rent-free space utilization within the new Stamford Innovation Center (http://www.
Upon completion of a maturation cycle in the incubator, each team will also benefit from an investment evaluation in which judging criteria will focus on technical and business maturity.
The current Challenge Questions target key technologies at the intersection of aerospace and high-growth industry verticals including cleantech, life sciences and mobile communications:
1. How can we make an aircraft more intelligent with wireless sensing?
2. Which adaptive signature control and active survivability technologies can make aircraft operations safer?
3. How do we create and distribute robust, certifiable transportation ‘Apps’?
4. What is the next high power/density energy storage technology?
5. How do we cool future avionic and sensor systems?
For more information on the Challenge Questions, as well as the full list of application guidelines, contest rules and judging guidelines, please visit the Entrepreneurial Challenge website. We encourage all those within the Entrepreneurial community to apply and wish everyone the best of luck. The Application deadline for the first Entrepreneurial Challenge is 5:00pm Eastern time on March 30th.
The mission of Sikorsky Innovations is to develop and mature the technologies, products and processes that will redefine the future of vertical flight. The organization builds on Sikorsky’s nearly 90 years of innovation, and seeks to expand collaborative partnerships, including those with entrepreneurial businesses.
For more information visit www.sikorsky.com © 2012 Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation