There are a number of ways you can get involved with the Design Studio@Columbia Entrepreneurship! From specific courses to broader projects or individual support, the Studio is a resource for both beginners and design experts.
Design Sprints are two or three-hour crash courses in particular parts of human-centered design. Sprints bring participants through a specific part of the design process, whether it is empathy building and user research, prototyping and testing solutions, or building creative confidence. To see what Design Sprints are happening this month, check out the Columbia Entrepreneurship calendar here.
Fall Semester Design Studio Sprints and Workshops
- Introduction to Design Thinking Workshop [Register Now]
Friday, September 16th; 2:00pm to 4:00pm; Riverside Church Room 430
- Design Sprint: Intro to User Research [Register Now]
Friday, September 30th; 1:00pm to 4:00pm; Riverside Church Room 430
- Design Sprint: Introduction to Prototyping and Testing [Register Now]
Friday, October 28th; 1:00pm to 4:00pm; Riverside Church Room 430
- Design Sprint: Story Telling [Register Now]
Friday, November 18th; 1:00pm to 4:00pm; Riverside Church Room 430
- Advanced Tactics Design Workshop: Facilitating Creative Teams [Register Now] Friday, December 9th; 1:00pm to 4:30pm; Riverside Church Room 430
Studio hours are open times in which teams or individuals can come to the Design Studio, use the space for their design projects, and have one-on-one meetings with Design Studio staff about their work. Show up or sign up in advance; we look forward to seeing you! You do not have to have a specific question or project to attend.
Design thinking has been integrated into a number of entrepreneurship courses at Columbia, with co-teaching or course workshops with Adam Royalty. A full list of courses is below:
- Launch Your Startup (Columbia Business School)
- Launching a Social Venture (Columbia School of International and Public Affairs)
The Design Studio is forming a number of design projects with different clients in New York City. We will be solving big challenges and want you to join us. Check back here for more information on our projects, and email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!