150 teams competed in the Fall stage of the Columbia Venture Competition across 13 industries.
Big congrats go to the overall $5,000 undergraduate winner, Rene Cycle, founded by Mina Liang ’24CC!
Congratulations also to the (tied) overall graduate winners, Local Civics, founded by Beverly Leon ’20BUS and Epsom-it, founded by Heather Binnie, ’17BUS. These winners will split $5,000.
The overall winners and the 13 category winners will receive automatic entry into the second round of the Spring competition.
- First Place in the Art, Music, Entertainment, Media category: Saarey Music, Faraan Irfan ’19BUS, Founder
- First Place in the B2B, Productivity, and Corporate Training category: mywork, Thomas Carlsen ’17BUS, Founder
- First Place in the Civic Engagement category: Local Civics: Beverly Leon ’20BUS, Founder
- First Place in the Healthcare Delivery category: Epsom-It, Heather Binnie ’17BUS Founder
- First Place in the Healthcare Devices category: avoMD, Laurence Coman ’20BUS, Founder
- First Place in the Ed Tech category: Edvey, Akhil Mantripragada ’16SEAS Founder
- First Place in the FinTech category: Moon, Ken Kruger ’12SEAS, Founder
- First Place in the Food category: Caribbrew, Beverly Malbranche ’19GS, Founder
- First Place in the Hard Tech category: Lelantos, Jose Bahamonde, ’20SEAS, Founder
- First Place in the PropTech category: Lean Flow, Arsean Maqami ’22BUS, Founder
- First Place in the Social Media – Matchmaking – Building Marketplaces category: Aspire3
60, Eleanor Haglund ’21BUS, Founder
- Tie for First Place in the Hard Tech – Sustainability category: Envirobe, Samuel Magaziner ’16CC, Founder and ReneCycle, Mina Liang ’24CC, Founder