Applications for the 2023-2024 Cohort of the Columbia Startup Lab (CSL) are now open! If you’re a recent Columbia, Barnard, or Teachers College alum working full time on your startup, apply to join CSL for subsidized coworking space, mentorship, programming, and community.
Space: CSL members enjoy subsidized office space, at a cut cost that makes office space affordable for early startups.
Programming: CSL programming is developed with the specific asks and needs of each cohort, and includes:
- Workshops on the basics of running a business, such as accounting, legal, HR, and digital marketing.
- Guest speakers and AMAs with vanguards of the venture capital and the NYC startup scene.
- Access to the CSL Mentors in Residence ranging from entrepreneurship experts to professors across Columbia University
- Regular opportunities for feedback, such as pitching practice, Product Jams, and problem-solution sessions.
Community: Building a business is easier with the support of others who understand the life of an entrepreneur. At CSL, you get the benefit of being around peers who are taking the same risks, struggling with the same setbacks, celebrating the same wins, and asking the same questions.
- Teams must have at least one founding member who has graduated from Columbia University before the team’s move in date.
- CSL is open to recent alumni from across the University (including Barnard and Teachers College) who are committed to working on their venture full-time.
- Only submit one application per team, but include all Columbia affiliations in your application.
- After acceptance, admitted teams may spend up to one year in the space. To be considered for another year, the team must reapply.
- Columbia University affiliated tenants are required to commit to a four-month term in the space at a rate of $250 per month/per seat. Non-Columbia University team members will be required to make a contribution of $400 per month/per seat.
- The space is administered by Studio by Tishman Speyer and includes: furnishings (desk & chair), WiFi, printing, meeting spaces, phone booths, water/coffee, beer, cleaning/maintenance and access to common facilities across the global Studio network.
- CSL provides ongoing workshops, office hours, networking events, and community building activities to help resident ventures advance their businesses. All CSL teams are encouraged to participate.
- CSL does not provide funding or take equity in any company.