What is The Columbia Startup Lab?
The Lab is a 5,100 sq.ft. co-working facility located at WeWork Soho West that provides subsidized space for 71 Columbia alumni entrepreneurs to house and nurture their fledgling ventures. It is a testimony to Columbia University’s longstanding spirit of collaboration and burgeoning entrepreneurial community. With more than 40 startups from all over the Columbia campus, the Lab is the result of a unique partnership between the deans of Columbia College and the Schools of Business, Engineering, Law, and International Political and Affairs.
How to Apply
**To apply for the 2016-2017 cohort please fill out the application here**
CSL is open to young alumni founders and their teams from each of the partner schools listed above who are committed to working on their venture full-time. Eligibility details follow:
- Columbia Business School: 2016 graduates are eligible to apply
- All other schools: Young-alumni who graduated in May 2011 or later are eligible to apply
Application Process, Details & Dates
- Sunday, March 13 at 11:59 PM EST
- Applications due: https://custartuplab.wufoo.com/forms/columbia-startup-lab-application/.
- Teams must select one Columbia University-affiliated founding member, from the above mentioned schools to apply.
- Only one application per team will be considered, regardless of the school in which the founder is affiliated.
- Weeks of March 14
- Selection committee comprised of faculty and staff involved in entrepreneurship at Columbia will review applications
- Weeks of March 21 & 28
- If deemed eligible, teams will be required to have an in-person interview with member(s) of the selection committee.
- Week of April 4
- Admissions decisions announced
- Admitted teams may spend up to 1 year in the space but are required to commit to a minimum of 4 months.
- The space is administered by WeWork and includes: furnishings (desk & chair), WiFi, water/coffee, cleaning/maintenance and access to common facilities across the global WeWork network.
- CSL provides ongoing workshops, office hours, networking events, and community building activities to help resident ventures advance their businesses. All CSL teams are encouraged to participate.
- Columbia University affiliated tenants are required to commit to a four-month term in the space at a rate of $250 per month/per seat. Non-Columbia University team members will be required to make a contribution of $400 per month/per seat.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org